Summer is for organizing projects…
Wait, that doesn’t sound like much fun. How about “here are 5 easy organizing projects to help you organize so you can have more fun this Summer”? That definitely sounds better.
5 EASY SUMMER ORGANIZING PROJECTS
- Clothing — Go through closets now. Clear out any clothes that no longer fit and store for younger children or donate/sell. Also, make note of what you are getting rid of if it is frequently worn. Put it on your replace list when it is time to school shop.
- Toys & Hobbies — Is there a toy or sports equipment that your child as outgrown or no longer uses? Now is the time to pare down these items. Clear the clutter and start establishing habits of putting items in homes and returning them to their homes when they are finished.
- Books — Are there books on your shelves that your family has outgrown? Or is no longer interested in? Clearing these will make space for more age and reading level appropriate booksl. Also, take a look at the magazines you may have collected. Decide if you are going to read them or if they should just hit the recycling bin.
- Paperwork — Clean out the backpack! Clean out the basket in the kitchen! Clean out the desk drawer! Do it now! Because, trust me, you are not going to want to do it in those waning days of summer. And that paperwork is just going to keep piling up and piling up and piling up from year to year until it becomes unbearable.
- Pantries and Food Cupboards — Finally, go through your pantry or food cupboards. Make an inventory of what is lurking around your kitchen. Throw out anything that is expired, group like items with like items, and don’t forget the wipe the shelves down before you put everything back.
And there you have it! Five super simple organizing tasks to help you stay on top of things and stay organized this summer.
Comment below if you have any tasks you like to do seasonally to keep your family life running smoothly!