Do you want to make more of your precious mom hours?
Or are you trying to figure out why some moms get so much done? Well you are in luck with this week’s episode…I’ve got productivity expert Brittany Dixon of Brittany and Co. Consulting.
Not only does Brittany help small business owners develop systems to help their businesses thrive, she’s a busy mom with 6 year old TWINS…so she definitely has tips to share to help you make the most of your day.
Brittany is a Business Process & Systems Consultant for creative Entrepreneurs. She specializes in helping her clients create, document and refine structures and systems in their business to save time, create freedom, generate income and make a big impact in their own way. Brittany loves working with her clients to implement systems and processes that work for their lifestyle, as productivity is not a one size fits all approach.
She loves showing women entrepreneurs how to get more work done in less time, more efficiently so they can go back to spending time with their kids.
BRITTANY’S TIPS FOR MOM PRODUCTIVITY
- Brittany”s number one tip for being more productive at home is to get help…whether it is from another person in your home, hiring it out, or using a device like an Amazon Echo or Google Assistant.
- There are so many ways you can use these virtual assistants to help with mom brain like tracking your grocery list, updating your schedule or just letting you know the weather so your kids don’t wear shorts on a day that it snows.
- Don’t get scared by the word “minimalism”…it’s about being very intentional with your time and stuff so that you can focus on what matters most. Or as I like to say on doing what you love with who you love.
- Brittany truly believes that less is more in all aspects of your home, schedule and life. Less stuff, less to pick up. Less on the schedule, less stress running around.
- Focus on just few projects rather than spreading yourself thin. You are going to do those things well and feel accomplished versus feeling like a bunch of things incomplete and done poorly.
- Think of it like trying to fill 15 buckets versus 3…which will you fill faster and better?
- And if you are looking for a way to digitally manage your household, check out Brittany’s favorite online tool Trello.
- Remember Brittany created a free Trello template to get you started on all the different lists you can manage through Trello online and the app. It seriously couldn’t be easier. You can grab your copy of the freebie belows
Sparkling Cucumber Gin Cocktail
Crisp and refreshing cocktail perfect for Spring!
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 2 oz Gin
- 1 oz Mint Simple Syrup ((see below))
- 4 oz Sparkling Water (chilled)
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Sliced Limes
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Fresh Mint Leaves
In a serving glass, combine lime juice, gin, mint syrup and sparkling water.
Garnish with sliced cucumber and sliced lime. Top glass with ice. Add additional mint syrup, according to taste if desired. Serve immediately.
Mint Simple Syrup
Bring to a boil 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and a handful of torn mint leaves.
Remove from heat, cover pot, and allow mint to steep for 30 minutes.
Strain mint and store mint syrup in the fridge until ready to use.